Something you might not know about me is that I’m a MUSIC JUNKIE! I seemingly have a playlist for everything, and you kind of got a glimpse into that in my post Countdown to Race Day, on my old blog! I’m a firm believer in the transformative power of music, so I’m going to periodically start sharing my favorite playlists with you all on #MusicMonday!
This week? Well in the spirit of half marathon training and my last half marathon of the year coming up next Sunday – what better way to start my #MusicMonday posts than to share my Running Playlist?
I love this playlist because I feel like it’s the perfect balance of songs that are at a 10 minute mile pace, songs that are motivating, songs that pump me up, etc. As I’m running along, something always seems to come on that picks me back up, reminds me I can do it, or slows down my pace when I’m getting a little overzealous! Not that I usually shuffle this playlist – so it doesn’t play in this order usually! 🙂
- Tyrant – OneRepublic
- Uprising – Muse
- Animal – Neon Trees
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 (ft. Christina Aguilera)
- Let’s Get it Started – The Black Eyed Peas
- If I Lose Myself – OneRepublic
- Harder to Breathe – Maroon 5
- Flavor of the Weak – American Hi-Fi
- Jesus of Suburbia (Bullet in a Bible version) – Green Day
- Hallelujah – Paramore
- Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
- Makes Me Wonder- Maroon 5
- Burn it to the Ground – Nickleback
- Life in Color – OneRepublic
- Hall of Fame (feat. Will.i.Am) – The Script
- Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
- Unnatural Selection – Muse
- Magic (feat. Rivers Cuomo) – B.o.B
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) – Fall Out Boy
- Pompeii – Bastille
- Times Like These – Foo Fighters
- Miracle – Paramore
- Bleed it Out – Linkin Park
- Remember the Name – Fort Minor ft. Mike Shinoda
- Heart of a Champion – Nelly ft. Lincoln University Vocal Ensemble
- I’m Not Over – Carolina Liar
- Learn to Fly – Foo Fighters
- Kryptonite – 3 Doors Down
- It’s Not MY Time – 3 Doors Down
- False Pretense – The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Boom – P.O.D.
- Time for War (Epic Motivation V1.0) – Fearless Motivation
- Rise Up to the Challenge – Fearless Motivation
- I Will Succeed – Fearless Motivation – I actually started my last run with this song and it TOTALLY put me in the zone, and got me focused for the next 9 miles!
- Epic Hip Hop Workout – Fearless Motivation
- Fighter – Christina Aguilera
This playlist is perfect for a casual run or to keep you motivated and feeling strong for a long run! So far I’ve taken it for a spin for 10 miles, which is 1 hour and 40 minutes, so it’s plenty long enough for big distances too!
Enjoy! And keep your eyes peeled for more #musicmonday!