What with two-a-days goin’ down, I decided that it was probably kind of important for me to eat a little bit extra to refuel myself before my evening runs!
Therefore, I whipped up these super easy Cilantro Chicken Burritos for a nice afternoon snack!
What do you need to buy?
- Chicken thighs
- I buy these frozen in about a dozen per pack for about $10.99. This recipe uses 2-3 chicken thighs depending upon the size of the chicken thigh, therefore about $2.74
- Large Tortillas – $1.99
- Kroger Shredded Cheese, Mexican Blend – $1.77
- Hass Avocado – $1.49
- Cilantro – $0.79
Total Budget: $8.78 for 4 serving*
*This would be a very easy recipe to double, so that’s always an option as well if you want this to be your main meal for the week! When I made this it was mostly for a snack!
biggest,and most time-intensive part of this whole process is cooking the chicken. My chicken thighs were still a little bit frozen, but I did about 10 minutes per side on aboutmedium heat. That made my chicken thighs nice and pull-apart tender when they were finished cooking. Yummmmmm shredded chicken!
- After you’ve cooked the chicken, the rest is easy! Leave the grill pan going, and put the cooked chicken thighs in a bowl and shred them with a couple forks.
- In the same bowl, and about 1/2 of the
ShreddCheese (1 cup), 1/2 of the Avocado (chopped up), and all of the cilantro, coarsely chopped. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, divide the ingredients between 4 tortillas. Wrap the ingredients into a burrito by folding the ends in and then the sides.
- Once wrapped, place the burritos seam side down on the grill pan. Grill for 2 minutes per side. To get those nice grill marks, set something on top of the burritos while they cook. If you have a panini press this would be awesome! Otherwise, you can just use another pan! I just used a glass Pyrex dish to flatten the burritos onto the grill pan.
And that’s it! You’re now ready to enjoy a simple easy, cilantro chicken burrito!
This is one of those recipes that you can do whatever you want with!
Have fun with this one! Don’t forget to enjoy! 🙂