Even on 21 Day Fix, many people (like me! I’m guilty too!) post these elaborate 21 Day Fix-approved, healthy recipes for people to make! But, sometimes the simplest, easiest recipe is the MOST effective and delicious thing you can eat!
I posted this salad on Instagram and Facebook late last week and it BLEW UP! I mean, I have never had a response to a post on Facebook like I did to this recipe post, and it was amazing to me because it is one of the simplest things I have made thus far for lunch!
Basically, my lunchtime salad needed a facelift! I was sick of the kale/greens, hard-boiled egg and dressing! So I started looking for something different! I found this idea for a Greek-inspired stuffed pita, but I found myself WAY too lazy to actually stuff my pita.
So, one morning, at the start of what I knew would be another exhausting, long day – one that would probably require a glass of wine at the end – I very lazily took all of the ingredients that should have been stuffed in my pita, and just threw it in a bowl!
GREEK-INSPIRED, 21 DAY FIX-APPROVED SALAD…
What you need:
- Tomato (probably two large tomatoes)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- 1 container Low-fat feta cheese
- Grilled chicken tenders
- Lemon (optional) – Lemon juice is a a great finisher and “dressing” for this salad, if you so desire. It probably doesn’t need it, but it was my favorite way to enjoy it! 🙂
- Chop the 3 veggie components up and through the mixture into a larger bowl. I prepped this on Sunday and kept this handy for the rest of the week.
- Combine 2 greens of veggie mixture with 1 red of chicken (probably about 1 chicken tender), and one blue of feta cheese in a smaller bowl (a tight sealing tupperware is best for a portable meal.)
- Lastly, squeeze a little bit of lemon onto the salad and toss.
That’s seriously it! It was THAT simple!