We’ve got another amazing recipe for Tasty Tuesday – and this one has become one of my faves!
Sometimes you just want to cheat, am I right?! Wouldn’t it be great if that cheat worked for you, not against?
A friend of mine shared the sliders she was having for dinner one night, and it immediately
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Garlic & Herb Breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup
- Garlic & Onion Spice, 1 T
- 1 Egg
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste – I only used a couple drizzles. Just enough to give a little flavor!
- 2 Large sweet potatoes
- optional: Cheddar cheese for topping
- Mix all but the sweet potatoes and romaine in a bowl. Separate into 8 portions. Roll them into a ball.
- Flatten each ball and sautee 4 at a time on medium-high for 7 minutes each side or until cooked all the way through.
- Note: My purposes, since I’m meal prepping, I don’t worry about cooking all the way through since I zap my sliders in the Microwave before eating! So, you may want to plan on upping the time by a couple minutes per side!
- While sliders are cooking, preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice up the potatoes, toss in olive oil! Season as desired – I took one potato and tossed it with cinnamon, and the other potato I tossed in kosher salt.
- Bake at 400F for 8 minutes, toss
again,and then bake for 8 minutes again.
- I actually broiled my fries in a toaster oven for 10 mins before eating.
To serve, I melted a little cheddar cheese on top of one slider and used romaine leaves as my “buns”. It’s a perfect, hits-the-spot cheat meal for anyone craving that greasy burger!