Cilantro Chicken Burritos
What with two-a-days goin' down, I decided that it was probably kind of important for me to eat a little bit extra to refuel myself before my evening runs!
Therefore, I whipped up these super easy Cilantro Chicken Burritos for a nice afternoon snack!
What do you need to buy?
- Chicken thighs
- I buy these frozen in about a dozen per pack for about $10.99. This recipe uses 2-3 chicken thighs depending upon the size of the chicken thigh, therefore about $2.74
- Large Tortillas - $1.99
- Kroger Shredded Cheese, Mexican Blend - $1.77
- Hass Avocado - $1.49
- Cilantro - $0.79
Total Budget: $8.78 for 4 serving*
*This would be a very easy recipe to double, so that's always an option as well if you want this to be your main meal for the week! When I made this it was mostly for a snack!
- The biggest, and most time-intensive part of this whole process is cooking the chicken. My chicken thighs were still a little bit frozen, but I did about 10 minutes per side on about medium heat. That made my chicken thighs nice and pull-apart tender when they were finished cooking. Yummmmmm shredded chicken!
- After you've cooked the chicken, the rest is easy! Leave the grill pan going, and put the cooked chicken thighs in a bowl and shred them with a couple forks.
- In the same bowl, and about 1/2 of the Shredd Cheese (1 cup), 1/2 of the Avocado (chopped up), and all of the cilantro, coarsely chopped. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, divide the ingredients between 4 tortillas. Wrap the ingredients into a burrito by folding the ends in and then the sides.
- Once wrapped, place the burritos seam side down on the grill pan. Grill for 2 minutes per side. To get those nice grill marks, set something on top of the burritos while they cook. If you have a panini press this would be awesome! Otherwise, you can just use another pan! I just used a glass Pyrex dish to flatten the burritos onto the grill pan.
And that's it! You're now ready to enjoy a simple easy, cilantro chicken burrito!
This is one of those recipes that you can do whatever you want with! You want a little extra veggies? Do it! Tomatoes, onions, corn, etc. would all go good in this burrito! Or, mix in some lime juice!
Have fun with this one! Don't forget to enjoy! :-)