#MusicMonday: The Ultimate Running Playlist
Something you might not know about me is that I'm a MUSIC JUNKIE! I seemingly have a playlist for everything, and you kind of got a glimpse into that in my post Countdown to Race Day, on my old blog! I'm a firm believer in the transformative power of music, so I'm going to periodically start sharing my favorite playlists with you all on #MusicMonday!
This week? Well in the spirit of half marathon training and my last half marathon of the year coming up next Sunday - what better way to start my #MusicMonday posts than to share my Running Playlist?
I love this playlist because I feel like it's the perfect balance of songs that are at a 10 minute mile pace, songs that are motivating, songs that pump me up, etc. As I'm running along, something always seems to come on that picks me back up, reminds me I can do it, or slows down my pace when I'm getting a little overzealous! Not that I usually shuffle this playlist - so it doesn't play in this order usually! :-)
- Tyrant - OneRepublic
- Uprising - Muse
- Animal - Neon Trees
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 (ft. Christina Aguilera)
- Let's Get it Started - The Black Eyed Peas
- If I Lose Myself - OneRepublic
- Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
- Flavor of the Weak - American Hi-Fi
- Jesus of Suburbia (Bullet in a Bible version) - Green Day
- Hallelujah - Paramore
- Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
- Makes Me Wonder- Maroon 5
- Burn it to the Ground - Nickleback
- Life in Color - OneRepublic
- Hall of Fame (feat. Will.i.Am) - The Script
- Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
- Unnatural Selection - Muse
- Magic (feat. Rivers Cuomo) - B.o.B
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy
- Pompeii - Bastille
- Times Like These - Foo Fighters
- Miracle - Paramore
- Bleed it Out - Linkin Park
- Remember the Name - Fort Minor ft. Mike Shinoda
- Heart of a Champion - Nelly ft. Lincoln University Vocal Ensemble
- I'm Not Over - Carolina Liar
- Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
- Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
- It's Not MY Time - 3 Doors Down
- False Pretense - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Boom - P.O.D.
- Time for War (Epic Motivation V1.0) - Fearless Motivation
- Rise Up to the Challenge - Fearless Motivation
- I Will Succeed - Fearless Motivation - I actually started my last run with this song and it TOTALLY put me in the zone, and got me focused for the next 9 miles!
- Epic Hip Hop Workout - Fearless Motivation
- Fighter - Christina Aguilera
This playlist is perfect for a casual run or to keep you motivated and feeling strong for a long run! So far I've taken it for a spin for 10 miles, which is 1 hour and 40 minutes, so it's plenty long enough for big distances too!
Enjoy! And keep your eyes peeled for more #musicmonday!